- She’s cool, despite being an Earth pony and not having any special powers.*
- That stylin’ Stetson.
- She’s named after a a strong alcoholic beverage produced from apples. I’d buy that for a dollar!
- She’s voiced by Ashleigh Ball, doing an Ozark accent said to have been lifted from Dolly Parton and Miley Cyrus.
- She owns and runs her own farm. Farm livin’ is the life for me, as long as I’ve got indoor air conditioning, high-speed broadband internet, fiber optic cable or satellite television, I’m a short driving distances from the malls, restaurants and shopping centers, there aren’t any animals on the property and I don’t have to do any actual work.
- She eats, drinks, sells, lives and breathes apples. We all know someone who’s married to their profession.
- She’s prolific with a lasso. It’s amazing enough that she can even tie a knot in a rope with no hands.
- Her mane and tail are braided. Nice.
- She’s one of the only two members of the main cast who were part of the original My Little Pony cast in the 1980s animated series, the other member being Spike, after Hasbro didn’t maintain the trademarks to nearly all of the original character names and most names had to be replaced. Kinda dropped the ball there, Hasbro.
- She has a gaggle of kinfolk, both immediate and extended, a large family of Earth pony farmers, who own apple farms all over Equestria, all of whom have similar apple-themed names. There’s Apple Fritter, Apple Bumpkin, Red Gala, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Caramel Apple, Apple Strudel, Apple Tart, Baked Apples, Apple Brioche, Apple Cinnamon Crisp, Apple Cobbler, Apple Honey, Apple Pie, Gala Appleby, Lavender Fritter, Peachy Sweet, Apple Brown Betty, Braeburn, Big McIntosh, Apple Bloom and Granny Smith. Betcha thought I was going to screw that up.
- Her family are the original founders of Ponyville. That’s stroke.
- She can play the banjo and the fiddle. Again, no small achievement when you don’t have hands.
*Actually, Earth ponies are physically very powerful, capable of performing incredible feats of strength with little or no visible strain, and enjoy long-lasting stamina, and have a special connection to nature, animals, and plants. Though they lack the ability to consciously cast spells like unicorns or to fly and walk on clouds like Pegasi, the race possesses a passive, botanically focused magic unique to them, and their connection to nature makes them “just as necessary” as and “perhaps more important” than the other ponies. Plus, heck, I just like to route for underdogs.
2 thoughts on “Why Applejack is Awesome!”
So you managed to count the family members only mentioned once, and yet you ignore Babs Seed and the Oranges?
0/11, unsubscribed, put in shrek!
And here I thought she was named for a breakfast cereal…….