- She’s a Martian. Space aliens are automatically cool.
- She’s the niece of J’onn J’onzz, aka The Martian Manhunter. So she got her through nepotism. What of it?
- She’s green, and green women are hot. This was proven years ago on Star Trek.
- She can fly.
- Her outfit resembles a Japanese schoolgirl’s sailor suit. I like that.
- She has a cheerful and upbeat attitude, despite the fact that it’s not easy being green.
- She can wipe someone’s mind clean like a dirty ashtray. Not that she would do that, but it’s cool to know that you could.
- For some reason, I really like that she has freckles.
- Her civilian name is M’gann M’rzz. Imagine someone having to write that name on a value club card.
- That adorable mini skirt.
- She once dated Superboy (Kon El).
- She can shapeshift. Anyone who can assume the form of a dragon is OK in my book!
One thought on “Why Miss Martian is Awesome!”
Two more reasons why MM is awesome:
1. She was voiced by Danica McKeller, who’s a math geek in real life. That’s geek cred right there.
2. The YJ version was wont to use the exclamation, “Hello Megan!” as a catchphrase. I know a lot of viewers found that annoying, but I personally thought it was charming. It said a lot about M’gann’s character and her personality, especially once we found out the origin of the phrase.